Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The look

I'm home from work today with my daughter because she has pink eye now. So I decided to put her in the bath to get all of the gunk out of her eyes and generally give her a scrub down.

So she's in their clapping and splashing and generally enjoying herself when suddenly she gets the look.

Oh god, please don't do what I think you're doing. Baby. Seriously? You're really taking a dump in the tub?

There was a time when that would have just sent me over the edge. But at this point it's just water under the bridge. Clouds in the sky. Urine in the carpet. It is what it is. Thankfully I have purple surgical gloves just for this and other nasty occasions.

So I rinsed off baby, put her on the bathmat, dried her, got her dressed and then went in with the gloves. I won't go into the details except that it's not super easy to handle loose poop in water. So some went down the drain and some got scooped into the toilet. I mean it's no wonder the kid has pink eye. There must be trace feces all over the place. I'm someone who only uses all natural cleaning supplies but this may call for a Clorox intervention.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have so been there and it sucks!! My daughter went through a phase where it seemed like she pooped in the tub at least once a week! Clorox now has a line of cleaning products out called Green Works, it's all natural, and they work great! Have fun scrubbing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids + Poop - every mother's headache (or possibly nightmare) How come nobody warns us about this BEFORE we become mommies? They just have this knowing look in their eyes as you open the darling white princess outfit they've bought for your baby shower!!!

    LOVE Clorox - can't wait to try the Green works line (thanks the flower maiden)!

    ReplyDelete