Thursday, December 10, 2009

Uncle Johns' Band

I just had to share this because it cracked me up. Yes, I often rely on myself for the best laughs. My brother Johnny is very excited about the family band and has purchased music binders for everyone in time for our second practice which is tomorrow night. So he asked me if I could whip up a logo or something to slip in the front cover behind the plastic. Oh and think of a band name while you're at it.

Well, since he's the driving force behind the band and he's Uncle Johnny (to my kids anyway), we're going with the homage to Jerry Garcia, patron saint of garage bands, and calling it Uncle John's Band. And here's what our first album cover will look like:


Kristin on drums
Susie on vocals/egg shaker
Johnny on guitar/keyboard/vocals/sound engineer
Aaron on keyboard
Mook on bass

It has a certain je ne sais Partridge family appeal to it right? Truth be known, I didn't just whip this up. It's a drawing from my Story Birds collection, but it happened to have five characters and the possum happened to look JUST LIKE my brother Aaron so I thought PERFECT.

Time to fight off the paparazzi as I venture out for my daily coffee. These people are relentless...

4 comments:

  1. Once again, all I can say is:

    "pretty hilarious Lucy!"

    Enjoy the band craze.

    everything's rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the possum looks like your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one was made for an album cover! how perfect that you are the little bird, because who else would make a better egg shaker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That possom does rather look like Aaron.

    ReplyDelete