Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm gonna git you sukkah

Mi tabernacle es su tabernacle.

This post has nothing to do the 1988 Wayans Brothers movie I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. It does have to do with the fact that it's two weeks after Sukkot and our sukkah is still standing. We are like that family next door who has their Christmas lights up well into February. I totally get it now. It's like one part lazy and three parts "but it's so pretty". And our sukkah is particularly bright and cheery with the strawberry punch pink curtains which really compliment the bougainvillea (not shown in picture). But it has to come down. Plus, if my sources are correct, it is very slowly getting cooler around here. Like it might even get down to 78 degrees by this Saturday and by next Saturday...73! And by November? It might actually feel like Fall. Or some middle eastern approximation. Which means it might even RAIN.* My sweaters are on standby.

* I don't know what you're talking about. I have no memory of the bitter cold and wet winter.

8 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, our sukkah is still up too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we lived in our tiny house in mountain view it felt like an addition.

      Delete
  2. It IS so pretty. Call it a club house and leave it up!

    When I saw the title of your post, it took me right back to seeing that movie in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Whitney. I wish I could use it as the nursery so that all three of my kids didn't have to sleep in the same room.

      Delete
  3. You are so funny. If ours looked that good, I'd have it still up too! I am SO ready for cooler temps too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's down now and the weather is one degree cooler today. I'm tracking. thanks for stopping by Naomi!

      Delete
  4. this is absolutely perfect as Audrey called our a sucka too. we cheated, so ours did suck in that way, but we love it and we're keeping up all our decorations indefinitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you mean cheated? is it permanent? like under a pergola porch thing? anything goes in my book.

      Delete