Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Corner View - Miniature world

anthill2

When Jane asked for suggestions last week for miniature worlds I thought ant hill off the top of my head and then what do we come across the very next day while hiking at Nahal Absor in the Negev? Dozens and dozens of anthills where gargantuan ants spend all day every day hauling bits of our world into their miniature worlds. I wish I had a picture of my thumb next to these puppies because for whatever reason, maybe the toxic chemical plant nearby, they grow bigger than your average city ant.

bigant1

But not as big as these suckers. The very next evening we went out for a walk at a nearby kibbutz where they have a huge sculpture garden and we came across gigantic ants! So I had to snap those too.Before they gobbled me up!

For more miniature worlds, visit Jane's sidebar. Happy trails!

8 comments:

  1. what does it mean?... what does it mean?...:) happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chemical toxic plant? ei? wtf are you, suze? look at this, then... they grow a bit manicly everywhere these days, it seems...

    http://whereisthatninja.blogspot.com/2009/04/bugger-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have flying ants that drop their wings. They are HUGE... :\
    I appreciate what ants do but I get a strange feeling watching them...
    Thanks for sharing!
    :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ant on my CV too! Ants - they're taking over the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! you're still blogging! I just stopped by, but I thought you were taking a break while away. I have some catching up to do, then :)

    Love the FAKE giant ants, do not love the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of ants too, but didn't have any good ant photos. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ants are so tiny. There scared of us, but I bet they don't know that some of us are scared of them! :)

    ReplyDelete