Friday, August 13, 2010

Good times in the OC

Petting Zoo

The rest of our trip to Southern California was a lot of fun. We took the kids to a little petting zoo at a park that's been open for more than a hundred years but this was the first I'd heard of it even though I spent the first seventeen years of my life living three miles from it. Hmmm...We also went to the beach once in Laguna and once in San Clemente. I even got a day to myself in LA to see friends I hadn't seen in years while my mom babysat. And there was the usual LA star siting, though we couldn't think of who she was at the time. But it was this girl. I'm sure she was thinking the same thing. Where do I know that girl from? It must be from the J Weekly Reader's Choice Awards...

We also overlapped a day with my cousin and her family visiting from Minnesota. Her boys are a few years older than my kids. Apparently after our day at the beach together her boys were giggling about something and mentioned my son. She asked what they were laughing about and they told her that when they were playing video games together earlier in the day at the friends' house where we all met up, my son lost his turn and said the "s" word. They asked where he learned that word and he said, my mom. Terrific. It's possible I said the "s" word a few times on the ride down.

Our drive home was uneventful and at no point did the dashboard mention STOP ENGINE. Camp is in full swing and I finally have a moment to catch my breath.

3 comments:

  1. and he used it a few times with me when we were in the park and then switched it to shucks. Hmmm, was wondering at the time where he learned it. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh S***!
    ...maybe that girl thought she knew you from the Jersey Shore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least your son just said it. my daughter did it, in her pants, the entire road trip to indianapolis, then up to chicago, and back home. a 4 year old going through a stiff rebellion apparently. it was nothing short of lovely!

    ReplyDelete