Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Am I the only one

chair

Or are there other mothers in the world who want to be alone on Mother's Day? Well not completely alone. I want to sleep in while my thoughtful husband prepares a giant yummy breakfast for me and I want my kids to adorn me with all kinds of noodle necklaces and popsicle stick frames and flowers from our garden. And then I want them to leave me alone for the rest of the day to do whatever I want, which in the case of Mother's Day 2011, was finish up some work, take a nice long shower, go get coffee and then Pinkberry, take a nap and loaf around. And that's how it all went down this year.  Total perfection.

And this beauty of a mid century teak chair in need of re-upholstery was my gift. I found it on Craigslist on Saturday and Mr. Rosen went to pick up for me. It was $25. Here it is with a few swatches from the Outside Oslo collection by Jessica Jones although I might go with a chartreuse naugahyde instead. Something that pops a little. I have to decide soon because I'm redoing my nursing rocker at the same time with the same guy and something tells me that the little gopher who is burrowing a hole to China via my pelvis might be on his way sooner than we think.

And speaking of which, there are only three days left until my ETSY shop closes for the summer. Maternity leave starts at midnight on Friday May 13th. You can still find plenty of goodies in the shop for 20% off when you use the code MATERNITY at checkout.

3 comments:

  1. those swatches are orangy perfection. nice score on the chair. I kinda want my mothers days to go down like that too, but instead I found myself in an epic game of kickball instead. It was AS good as being alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love the left one that's all by itself. It looks more artsy and your mommy is artsy.



    Balgamalga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, this is absolutely what I wanted for Mother's Day...just a few hours alone, with no one talking to me. I didn't get it, but I still had a great day. I just happen to love the sweet sound of silence, and can't get enough.

    I am really excited for you and your third baby. My third is a whippersnapper-she is an absolute flashback of my first (and I think our kids are about the same ages.) It's crazy, in a good way. All my best to you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete