Thursday, August 27, 2009

Running on Fumes

Today I'm exhausted. Between the sick child (still sick!), drop off for the last day of preschool before the big transition to a new school, having blood and urine drawn so I can get life insurance before I turn 36 in two weeks, filling a landslide of print orders after a seven year famine in August, strolling my daughter to Starbucks only so I could place my order and then realize I had forgotten my wallet because I took it out of my bag to show the Quest Diagnostic dude my ID, rushing out to the frame shop to get frames for the prints I made for my kids' preschool teachers, wrapping presents, going to pick up my kid and realizing my daughter probably has an ear infection, sobbing at school with their teachers because it's the last day even though they still babysit for us but anyway it seemed a little gut-wrenching at the time, speeding over for her appointment, handing the kids off to my husband so I could make 6:30 dinner reservations with my preschool mom buddies and stopping at Starbucks at 10:00 pm to pay off my morning debts, I need a vacation. Thankfully I get one starting Saturday. How did I do all this when I worked full-time?


* bonus picture of kids running

5 comments:

  1. How delightful your blog is! And as the mother of a toddler and a preschooler, holy yowzers I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i'm there with you. my mind was not aligned with my body this morning at all. i took off from the drive thru without my coffee. after i returned for it, instead of pulling forward, i hit the gas and went backward at the window. my older daughter had to nearly jump out of the car while it was running to avoid a tardy slip (public school is unforgiving). my younger daughter had her first day of preschool and i forgot the slew of family pictures they request every year so the children won't forget us in the three hours we're gone. so i went to target to pick them up, got distracted by a cute jacket, left with the jacket, forgot the pictures. then i nearly sideswiped someone on the way home because i was daydreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ladies - high fives for even managing to get out the door in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to "meet" you. Love this post and can so relate. I finally showered and brushed my teeth today at 2pm. I just want to know, where are all those bon bons we are supposedly eating all day long?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preachin' to the choir here ladies!

    Susie, just wanted to let you know that I have chosen you as this week's Monday Muse...I'll eventually put a cute little blogbutton together so you can show it off with pride, but for now bask in the glory of knowing you have been an inspiration today: juggling work and life and kids and art and finding the passion to do it all, then go to bed to wake up and do it all again...each Monday I highlight a MamaArtist to help inspire all the other MamaArtists out there.
    Thanks Babe ;)

    http://meloniejohnson.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete