Tuesday, April 26, 2011

From my tabernacle to yours


In the middle of all of our house and life chaos I was asked to create the artwork for the To Life Festival. The one I participated in for the first time last October. The one where my husband built a TABERNACLE in the middle of California Avenue in Palo Alto. That one. They had seen this piece in process (the second one) on the blog and wanted something similar that REEKED of Jewish life, music, culture and celebration. They didn't specifically say they wanted a ram at the top of the tree, but what's a Jewish celebration without a sacrificial ram? Am I right?

Admittedly, there's a lot going on here. Maybe too much. Perhaps a reflection of my own current state. Hopefully they will love it and it will draw people from all over the world to Palo Alto on September 18, 2011 to eat falafel, hear klezmer music and buy Jewish art. And now that we're staying in town a while longer, they can even buy my Jewish art. Straight from my tabernacle.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I could get totally lost in there - so much to see. Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful. So overflowing with song and joy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, not too much going on at all. It's got lots of energy and movement, and coupled with those beautiful colors, it's alltogether gorge!

    you're staying longer? I think I have some more catching up to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Nothing like work and art to make life feel like it should. Great therapy Susie!

    Something is right because we get to hear from you more often Yay!!

    ReplyDelete