Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Totally tubular

seal

This picture has nothing to do with anything except it's my daughter snuggled up with another mammal who has equally distinctive ears. 

My daughter had her fourth set of tubes put in on Monday morning because there was apparently a wall of infection behind her ear drums. Delightful. She's gotten so accustomed to this routine that she woke up, put on something comfy, came to give me a kiss goodbye and said, I'll see you after my ear surgery mommy. Just as casually as if she was saying, I'll see you after preschool. But this time she felt some of the nasty side affects of anesthesia. Namely the nausea. She was vomiting and had to stick around for a while. But by the afternoon she was awake again and in good spirits and retelling her ordeal to her brother - how she threw up on the nurse and in the toilet. Then she asked for matzoh with Nutella so we headed out to the porch to enjoy a mid-afternoon treat. And during our conversation she turned to me and asked why we were yelling. I guess she can hear now. And all of my yelling over the last few months has been medically validated.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this photo.
    & looove to your
    daughter's ears.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy ear ordeal! Hopefully this will be the last. no more yelling? we shall see...
    And that picture is just adorable.

    I prefer my matzoh smeared with a thick layer of butter. Good for the thighs.

    (btw, the word verification right now is "pregr" ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! FOUR!? poor girl - but she seems to go with the flow. wonder where she gets that from?

    meanwhile, this picture is completely freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad she is feeling better and hearing so beautifully! Fun to catch up with you and your belly today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad she did well with the surgery. Love the photo -- it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete