Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weeds

Milkweed
Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. 
A.A. Milne (via Eeyore)

I've been trying to walk most days to keep my blood sugar down and my hips supple. They seize up on me every morning. Something about widening to make room for a baby's head to get lodged in there. The walking helps. This is a shot of my favorite garden in our neighborhood. I remember when the woman planted it a few years ago and now it grows more enormous every year. That's because it's mainly weeds. Like these beauties. I think they're called Milkweed and they grow huge. They don't say kids grow like weeds for nothing. This is just a tiny corner of the garden but the rest is mostly more of the same - a lot of bordeaux and lavender mixed with chartreuse and other yummy shades of green in a kind of cabbagy melange. Delish. And it wouldn't be a garden in my neighborhood without a few orange California poppies which, even if you hated them, though you never could, they'd find a way into your soil (and your heart). Happy spring.

3 comments:

  1. I am aliving vicariously through your CA garden. We just don't have those plants in abundance here in Chicago.

    And the hips...aye! I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. unique smoking pipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. unique smoking pipes

    ReplyDelete